Interview day can be an exciting experience. You should be aware of the following before coming for your appointment:
Carry with You to the Interview:
- Your valid passport and previously issued passports
- The DS-160 confirmation page with barcode
- The Banamex or Santander visa application fee receipts
- H, L, and other petition-based visa applicants may bring copies of the I-797, I-129 and other petition-related documents
- F, M students must bring the SEVIS receipt and I-120.
- J exchange visitors must bring the SEVIS receipt and DS-2019.
- Minors should bring one recent (within the past six months) passport size photograph 50mm X 50mm (2" x 2") with a white background.
- Third country nationals with Mexican residency should bring their IFE with them.
NOTE: The above documents may or may not be reviewed at the time of your interview
We advise applicants to arrive no more than 15 minutes before your scheduled interview. There is ample room to wait in our shaded entry. Contrary to myth, it is not necessary to book space at a local hotel or shop to wait for your appointed time.
Due to security concerns and space limitations, U.S. consular sections do not permit interested parties such as friends, relatives, attorneys or business contacts to attend the visa interview with the applicant.
You will be screened by security personnel before entry. Certain items are not permitted. These items include, but are not limited to the list below. We do not supply storage for restricted items; please leave the following at home or your hotel:
- Cell Phones
- Weapons of any kind
- Laptops, Tablet Computers, E-Readers
One, Two, Three, Four
Completion of your interview is a four-step process.
- Upon arrival you will be given a numbered ticket or simply directed to a line.
- Next, you may be called to a window to review your DS-160 application. This is a great opportunity to correct any information that may have been entered incorrectly on your DS-160 NIV Application.
- Next, your fingerprints will be verified.
- Finally, a visa officer will interview you and make a final decision regarding your qualifications for the visa.