NonImmigrant Visas - Interview Waiver Programs
Applicant is renewing a visa (except H2 and P)
- The applicant is renewing a full validity visa
- The applicant has Mexican citizenship and is applying with their Mexican passport
- The applicant is applying in the same visa category
- The applicant is returning to the same institution or workplace as was indicated in the previous visa application (except B visas)
- The applicant is NOT applying for an H2 or P visa
- The previous visa is still in the applicant’s possession
- The previous visa is still valid, or expired less than 12 months from the day of the appointment at the Applicant Service Center
- The Applicant has never been arrested or convicted of a crime, deported from the United States, denied entry to the United States, or had any other problems or difficulties with U.S. Customs and Border Patrol when attempting to enter the United States
- All sections of the DS-160 online application have been answered completely and accurately
Go to the How to Apply section and follow the directions to make an appointment.
On the day of the appointment at the Applicant Service Center, an employee will capture your fingerprints, take your photo, and collect the following documents:
1. DS-160 Online Application Confirmation Page
2. Valid Passport with blank, available pages
3. Prior visa
4. Additional documents. Go to the Visa Category page, click on the visa category in which you are applying, and determine the additional documents you must provide.
A Consular Officer will review the application packet and make a determination. If the Consular Officer has no additional questions, the passport and visa will be available at the selected DHL Office in 5-10 business days. If the Officer has questions about the application, a representative from the Embassy will contact the applicant to schedule an interview at the Embassy.
If the applicant is renewing a full validity visa that was issued after January 1, 2008 where the applicant submitted a ten-print fingerprint scan, he or she does not need to appear in person at the ASC, assuming they meet all other qualifications from the list above. A family representative or delegate should add a 2x2 inch photograph to the application packet and appear at the scheduled ASC appointment.