Applicant is 6 years of age or under
Child is 6 years of age or younger
Child was born in Mexico and is applying with a Mexican passport
Additionally, both parents must be Mexican or third country nationals residing in Mexico with immigration status (FM2 or FM3), and at least one parent must either hold a valid visa or be renewing his/her visa at the same time as the child.
All sections of the DS-160 online application have been answered completely and accurately
Go to the How to Apply section and follow the directions to make an appointment.
On the day of the appointment at the Applicant Service Center, an employee will collect the following documents:
1. DS-160 Online Application Confirmation Page
2. Valid Passport with blank, available pages
3. Copy of child’s birth certificate
4. Copy of at least one parent’s valid, full validity U.S. visa
5. Two color photographs, 5 cm x 5 cm, white background, forehead and ears fully visible, and wearing only small earrings (NOT required if child appears in person)
6. Prior visa (if applicable)
A Consular Officer will review the application packet and make a determination. If the Consular Officer has no additional questions, the passport and visa will be available at the selected DHL Office in 5-10 business days. If the Officer has questions about the application, a representative from the Embassy will contact the parents or legal guardians to schedule an interview at the Embassy.
Children 6 and under are not required to appear in person at the Applicant Service Center. A family member or representative may present the application material at the scheduled appointment time. Applications sent via mail or other delivery services will not be accepted.