Business Facilitation Program
The Business Facilitation Program (BFP) is designed to facilitate work-related travel for employees of participating companies and universities. Qualifying firms and universities will have access to expedited visa processing for employees traveling to the United States on company or university business. The BFP requires interested organizations to register with the U.S. Embassy’s Consular Section.
Benefits to participating companies.
- Access to the appointment system, allowing a company or university representative to schedule visa application appointments in a reserved appointment block.
- Expedited processing and visa delivery for approved applications.
Basic participation requirements.
- In the case of a U.S. company (that is, a company incorporated or otherwise formed in the United States), the company applying for BFP membership must be the Mexican branch/affiliate/subsidiary of that U.S. company.
- In the case of a Mexican or non-U.S. company, the company must have at least 100 employees; or
- In the case of a Mexican or non-U.S. company with less than 100 employees, the company must obtain a recommendation from the Mexico City American Chamber of Commerce ("AmCham"), Camara de Comercio de Mexico ("CANACO"), or Asociación Nacional de Importadores y Exportadores de la República Mexicana ("ANIERM"). The recommendation must certify that the company has been a dues-paying member of the respective organization for at least three years.
- In the case of Mexican universities, the organization must submit a copy of its state or federal accreditation.
- In general, applicants must be direct-hire employees of BFP member companies or universities. However, in certain circumstances, eployees of the contractor(s) of a BFP member may obtain visa appointments through the BFP member.
- Applicants must be traveling for work-related purposes. Employees traveling for tourism purposes will not qualify for BFP. A qualifying employee may apply for his or her spouse and minor children (under age 21) through the BFP.
How does my company apply to become a member?
- Determine if your company meets all program requirements and agrees to the terms of the program.
Complete the Business Facilitation Program Application for Companies (PDF format - 136KB) packet.
Complete the Business Facilitation Program Application for Universities (PDF format - 136KB) packet.
- Receive approval and directions on how to use the appointment system.
All downloadable documents on this page require the Adobe Acrobat® Reader. You may download a free version of Acrobat by visiting the Adobe website.