Official Identification can be one of the following:
i.Mexican driver’s license,
ii.Released military service card,
iii.Mexican Consular matriculation form,
iv.Mexican Passport, if picking up a laser visa, or
v.Photo Voter Registration ID (IFE card)
- If the applicant cannot present any of the above mentioned forms of identification, he/she will be asked for an original birth certificate for the DHL personnel to make a copy and attach it to the Proof of Delivery file. The DHL agent will also review the information from the visaed passport or laser visa to make sure that the document is being handed to the applicant in question.
- Parents must prove their identity with one of the above mentioned IDs as well as the child’s Original Birth Certificate, or Adoption Certificate.
- If group representatives of Temporary Workers are picking up the Visas they must prove their identity with one of the above mentioned IDs.
- If a third party is picking up the Visas, the individual must provide ID as mentioned above, a signed letter of authorization signed by the applicant (if both of them are over the age of 18, and a copy of the applicant’s official identification.
- For underage applicants, the parents may pick up their visa package by presenting official identification as listed above. DHL personnel will review the visa to ensure that the applicant's last names match with the parents last names. In the case of adopted minors, the parents must present proof of adoption.
- For disabled applicants (age, illiterate or handicapped), their children or any third person may present a signed letter authorizing collection of the visa package As described in 2 above) and copies of their official identifications. The power of attorney may be signed by the applicant with an "x" or fingerprint if he or she cannot sign a name.
- NOTE: Border Crossing Card (BCC) Applicants will receive two Airway Bill Numbers, one for the return of the Passport and a second for the BCC. The passport will be returned before the BCC. The BCC will take at least two weeks to be issued.