Adult Passport Renewals
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of Monday February 22, 2016, all applicants will need to make an appointment. If you wish you to renew your passport you will no longer be able to walk-in without an appointment. In order to make an appointment, please go to visit our website. As always, please plan accordingly and renew your passport well in advance of any intended travel.
You are eligible to renew your passport if your most recent U.S. passport:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older;
- Was issued within the last 15 years; and
- Was issued in your current name.
Note: If any of the above does not apply, you must apply as a first time passport applicant.
VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE BRING ORIGINAL AND PHOTOCOPY OF THE PASSPORT TO BE RENEWED.
- Completed application form DS-82;
- Your previous passport; and
- One passport sized photo (available at the Embassy for $60 pesos)
- Payment - You will need to make the renewal payment at the time you drop off your application.
Note: You previous passport will be canceled at the time of application. Normal processing time for an adult passport renewal is 3-4 weeks.