Embassy Hours & Contact Info.
U.S. Embassy Mexico City
Paseo de la Reforma 305
06500 Mexico, D.F.
Tel : ( 01-55 ) 5080-2000
Fax: ( 01-55 ) 5080-2201
From the U.S.:
Working Hours (all times are Central Time):
- Passport Services: By appointment only (except as noted immediately below) Monday through Friday from 8:00 through late-morning– room 106.
- Drop-off DS-82 passport applications and request for additional passport pages: 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in room 106 -- no appointment is necessary.
- If you require special assistance or accommodation in making a passport or consular report of birth abroad appointment or other need please email us at MexicoCityPassport@state.gov (please allow at least 2 business days for response) or call us at (55)5080-2000, ext. 4244 from Noon to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday except holidays.
- Notary Services: By appointment only Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 2:00pm to 3:00 p.m. – room 106.
- If you require special assistance or accommodation in making a notary service appointment or please email us at MexicoCityPassport@state.gov (please allow at least 2 business days for response) or call us at (55)5080-2000, ext. 4244 from Noon to 5:00 PM Monday through Fridays except holidays.
- Apostille / Authentications: The U.S. Embassy and its consulates do not issue apostilles. See http://www.apostilleinfo.com/usa.htm for more information.
- Special Citizens Services (deaths, arrests, missing persons, child abduction, and other U.S. citizen in Mexico emergencies):
- For emergency assistance, please call us at (55)5080-2000, ext. 4440 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday except holidays.
- For routine or routine inquiries about these services please e-mail us at ACSMexicoCity@state.gov allowing 1-2 business days for response.
- Outside of working hours, ONLY for assistance in an EMERGENCY directly affecting a U.S. citizen in Mexico, please call the switchboard at (55)5080-2000 and dial 0 and ask for the Embassy Duty Officer.
- U.S. citizens can also visit us in room 101 between 8:30 and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday except holidays, but are encouraged to telephone if possible to receive appropriate guidance in case an in-person visit is not required.
- Voter Assistance: www.FVAP.gov or ACSMexicoCity@state.gov
For Holidays & Administrative days please check our Consular Calendar.