Hours & Contact Information
American Embassy in Mexico City
Paseo de la Reforma 305
06500 Mexico, D.F.
Tel : ( 01-55 ) 5080-2000
Fax: ( 01-55 ) 5080-2005
From the U.S.:
Working Hours (Central Time):
Monday-Friday (except U.S. and Mexican holidays)
- U.S. Passports and Citizenship and Notary Services
- Room 106
- Passport Services: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. by appointment only
- Notary Services: 2:00pm to 3:00 p.m., Monday, Tuesday & Thursday by appointment only
- American Citizens Services: ext. 4780, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Emergencies and Special Consular Services:
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For after-hour emergencies, please call the Embassy at 01-52-55-5080-2000, press "0", and ask the switchboard operator to connect you to the duty officer.
The Consular Section is normally closed to the public twice a month beside the above-mentioned holidays for administrative purposes, except for emergencies. For the remainder of 2014 administrative closure dates, visit our Consular Calendar.