Doing Business in the USA
On this page, you will find a quick description of resources available for companies in Mexico considering investmenting in the United States and some suggestions for getting started.
Investing in the USA
President Obama announced the SelectUSA initiative to showcase the United States as the world’s premier business location and to provide easy access to federal-level programs and services related to business investment. SelectUSA is designed to complement the activities of our states—the primary drivers of economic development in the United States.
Companies in Mexico interested in investing or exporting to the United States should make us of the following U.S. government services.
1. Visit the SelectUSA.gov website to obtain general information about investing in the United States. SelectUSA seeks to highlight the many advantages the United States offers as location for business and investment. From a vast domestic market, to a transparent legal system, to the most innovative companies in the world, America is the place for business. On the website you can browse business incentives offered by different states and territories.
2. Visit the Commercial Service website to join Service Solutions USA for access to an introduction service for investors and U.S. companies based on their mutual business interests. The business introduction service is selective, timely and free of charge for Mexican investors.
3. Contact us at the U.S. embassy to discuss your interests and needs.
- U.S. Foreign Commercial Service, Mexico City
- U.S. Foreign Agricultural Service, Mexico City
- Mexico City Economic Section, U.S. Department of State
- United States Embassy in Mexico City, General Switchboard